After searching through Pinterest, here are my top five St. Patricks Day activities for speech and language. These would be good for early intervention through elementary school. Most activities can be done with household items and little prep time. I love these because they are easily adapted to meet the individual needs on my caseload.
- Early intervention targets: on, more
- Concepts: soft, colors
- Have the kids a word with their sound to get a cotton ball.
- Early intervention targets: hat
- Have the kids practice giving and following directions to make the hat.
- Kids make clouds with their speech sounds and target words.
- Students building language can think of 6 items (colors) to go in a category (cloud).
- Teach upper and lower case letters.
- Have kids think of a word with the initial sound of the letter.
- Encourage exploring and tasting new foods
- Expand expressive language skills by describing the foods.